Friday, October 25, 2013

Use Your Scraps

Hi everyone,
I hope everyone had a good week.  I am so glad it is Friday.  One more day and it is my weekend, too.  After I make cards there are always scraps left.  Here is an easy and fun way I make use of them.
I cut my scraps into strips of different widths and heights.  I store them in a jar and then when the jar is full I make scrap cards with them.  Here are a few examples:

 
This is the jar I store my scraps in.  I put adhesive on the front of the card and paste the strips down in a random order.   It is nice to have these cards done so that when you need a fast card you can just add embellishments or stickers.

 
For this card I just added a few stickers and the card was done.  Quick and easy!!!



This card I used a little more of a pattern with the scraps.  These are scraps from past Christmas card making sessions.  I put a few embellishments on it and it was done.    I have even made a set of 8 cards  with just the scraps on them and given them as note cards.  What is fun, you can always find a paper to match the card and make an envelope.  I hope you give this a try with some of the scraps you have.
 

I would like to thank you for taking time to check my blog.  I hope everyone has a terrific weekend.  No more snow!!!!  THANKS!!!

linda

No comments: