Monday, August 18, 2014

Watercolor Technique using Inks

Greetings!
 I tried a new card technique and I thought I would post how I did it.  This technique gives a watercolor effect using inks and water.  I used a piece of water color paper (4"x6").  I had a long rectangle acrylic block.  I applied ink directly to the block and then spritzed it with water.  I took the watercolor paper and laid it on top of the acrylic block without moving it.  It soaked up all the color.  I re-inked the block each time I did this layering the inks in basically the same pattern.  I let the paper dry for a few hours and then using stamps from Papertreyink "Wet Paint" series, I stamped the images on the watercolor paper.  I don't like lining everything up, so I just placed the stamp where I liked it best.  I adhered the watercolor paper to a piece of decorative paper and then onto a white card base.  I love the way the set of note cards turned out.  Tonight I am going to try to make some Christmas cards using red and green inks.  I will try to write the sentiments since I don't have any stamps I like for Christmas.  Handwriting is all the rage right now and I am lucky I have good handwriting, but it doesn't matter, any handwriting will work.  It makes it extra special that it is your own handwriting.  I will try and post those cards tomorrow. 



I used some petal inks that I had.  I have also done this with Distress Inks.    The possibilities using this technique are limitless.  You could use all difference sizes of acrylic blocks, stencils, paint splats, or lots of other things   Have fun and experiment.  I love that no two cards are the same.  I hope you enjoy this technique. If you have any questions, please leave a comment or email me at lindahpd@aol.com with watercolor technique in the subject.  Thanks for checking out my blog.  I love making cards!!!  

update  Jenny from CraftTestDummies was inspired by my cards and wanted to share her version.


linda