Welcome to Love Grows Here with Laura's Loft January Shop & Hop. I am honored to be a full time design team member for Laura's Loft along with a great group of talented designers. My post today is part of Laura's Shop & Hop for January featuring Winter and Valentine's Day.
You should have arrived here from Kim's Blog. If not, you can go back by clicking the Previous Button or her name.
Laura is also having a Love Grows Here Giveaway, details at the bottom.
My first creation is a Valentine's Day card featuring the Avery Elle "More Stories" Stamp Set and Dies. I also used Tim Holtz Distress Mini Ink Kits #10 (Bundled Sage), #11 (Shabby Shutters), #13 (Fossilized Amber), #14 (Blueprint Sketch & Hickory Smoke), and #15 (Wilted Violet). The stars are from the Glacial Bliss Sequin Mix.
For this card, I cut a piece of white cardstock to 3 3/4" x 5". I cut a circle out of a post it note and used it as a mask for the moon. I also cut a mask for the grass . I stamped the bunnies and used a masking pen to color them in. Since there is only one bunny stamp, I used the reverse stamping technique for the other bunny so they would face each other. I outlined the bunnies with a black marker and shaded them with a grey marker. I colored the sky with the Blueprint Sketch, Hickory Smoke, and Wilted Violet Distress Inks. The moon was colored with Fossilized Amber and the ground with Bundled Sage and Shabby Shutters. I used the die set to cut out the little hearts and banner. I stamped the banner with the "love you" saying and used foam tape to make it pop. I adhered the white cardstock piece to a black piece of cardstock and then to a decorative polka dot paper. This was then placed on a white A2 card.
My second creation is a tag I made using the Altenew Painted Butterflies Stamp Set, Virginia Turtle Holly Jolly Enamel Dots, and Tim Holtz Distress Mini Ink Kits #11 (Milled Lavender & Festive Berries), and #13 (Fossilized Amber).
For this tag I cut a piece of watercolor paper into the size and shape tag I wanted. I used the acrylic block watercolor technique for the background. I then stamped various butterflies from the Altenew Painted Butterflies Stamp Set in black ink over the dried background. I applied the distress inks with a cotton tip swab to each butterfly. I drew hearts with a black marker and inked those also with a cotton tip swab. I stamped a saying onto a small piece of watercolor paper, distressed it, and adhered it with foam tape. I tied a red ribbon and it was ready to go to my Valentine!!!
I hope you enjoyed my creations!!! The products I used in my card and tag can be purchased at Laura's Loft.
This is the great prize for the Love Grows Here Giveway and directions on how to enter.
There are several ways to enter and the more comments you make in the different social media outlets, the more entries you earn! It is required that you comment on each blog in the Hop. After that, you are encouraged to like, and comment on our Facebook page, tag on our Instagram post and pin on Pinterest, as well as share on your own pages. The participant with the most entries wins the fabulous prize package! How cool is that!?! Giveaway Rules and Requirements can be found on Laura's Post.
Laura's Loft is featuring 45% off on all Christmas Stamps and Dies on the Christmas Collection page and of course $10.00 off a $75.00 or more purchase, CODE $10off75.
To get to the next designer on the hop just click on the button below. If you get lost, click on the names listed below. Have fun hopping and shopping!!!
1. Laura - http://www.lauralscott.com/love-grows-here/
2. Deana Benson -http://www.designcreativelybling.com/2016/01/lauras-loft-love-grows-here-shop-and-hop.html
3. Jasmine Burgess -http://journeywithjasmine.blogspot.com/2016/01/love-grows-here-blog-hop-with-lauras.html
4. Robbie Rubala - http://inkedx2.blogspot.com/search/label/LL
5. Heart of Craft - http://heartofcraft.blogspot.com/2016/01/lauras-loft-hop-and-shop-love-grows-here.html (Emma)
6. Sue- http://thecre8tivestudio.blogspot.it/2016/01/blog-hop-at-lauras-loft.html
7. Kim- http://angeldreamcrafts.blogspot.com/2016/01/lauras-loft-dt-january-blog-hop.html
8. Linda Gorman- http://dabblesbylinda.blogspot.com/2016/01/love-grows-here-with-lauras-loft.html YOU ARE HERE
9. Lisa Bedigian - http://royalpumpkinart.blogspot.com/2016/01/love-grows-here-shop-hop-with-lauras.html
10. Valentina Dalmonte - http://valentinascrap.blogspot.com/2016/01/love-grows-here-dtlaurasloft.html
11. Nico Scrap- http://niccoloconduec.blogspot.com/2016/01/lauras-loft-blog-hop.html