Monday, March 30, 2020

Joy Clair Stamps New Release: Go There and My Heart


Hello everyone,

I am so happy that I get to help introduce Joy Clair Stamps new release!  Today I am featuring Go There and My Heart releases.  These new stamps and digital downloads are amazing !  Let's check out Go There first.








For my first card, I chose the Jelly Bean Background Digital Download and the Go There Digital Download.  I printed both downloads on a laser printer and foiled them with my laminating machine.  I cut a 3 3/4" square from the foiled Jelly Bean Background download and placed it on a piece of black card stock cut to 3 7/8 " ( or just big enough to add a small frame around the background). I fancy cut the cow and sentiments out and used pop dots to place them on the background.  I used Nuvo  Dream Drops Gold Lux on the necklace and set it aside to dry.  After it was dry, I used a liquid glue and adhered it to a gold glitter card base which I cut to a 4"x 4" square.






My second project using the Go Happy Digital Download is a bookmark. I chose an ink smooshed background from my stash and cut it into a 2 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece.  Next I cut a piece of kraft card stock to the same measurements. I glued these two pieces together.  I cut angles on the top of the bookmark and punched a hole in the center top with a hole punch.  I fussy cut the cow image and sentiment from the download and adhered them to the front of the bookmark.  I used Nuvo Crystal Drops (Violet Galaxy and Bubblegum Blush) to accent the necklace.  I drew an edge around the whole piece with a black, thin-lined marker.  For the back I used the same marker and wrote "Just a note..." and added the dotted lines. I used a purple piece of ribbon and looped it through the hole on top.  This would be fun to give to someone who is trying to catch up on their reading and they can add notes or are make a list of the books they read on the back.



My next cards feature  My Heart.
I decided to make this a square card also.  I first cut the card base out of a piece of white card stock measuring 8 1/2" x 4 1/4" , scoring at 4 1/4 " on the 8 1/2" side and folding it into a 4 1/4" square card base.  I cut  a 4" square from the digital download which included all the above images except the sentiment.  I foiled all the images with a pink foil and then colored them with watercolor markers.  I used Zig Clean Real Brush markers but you could use any markers or colored pencils in your stash. After the background was colored, I sprayed it with a sparkle spray and adhered it to a 4 1/8" square piece of black card stock..  I adhered that to the white card base.  I cut out the sentiment and popped it up with foam strips and placed it on the card. 




My second card is an A2 card (5 1/2" by 4 1/4").  I cut a piece of white card stock measuring  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4 on the 8 1/2" side, and folded to make the A2 card base.  I  watercolored a piece of white card stock using a variety of pink inks and die cut it with Gina Marie Designs Loopy Frame die.  I adhered that to a piece of black card stock cut to 4" x 51/4".  I enlarged the digital image on my computer before printing.  You could also take it to an office store and have them enlarge and laser print it.  I always take my own card stock to the office store, it makes it less expensive and you know what it is being printed on.  I fussy cut out the thread and needle and foiled them with pink foil.  I adhered them to my die cut piece.  I took a piece of twine and glued it to the card around the needle.  I didn't have a pink piece of twine so I used a pink ink pad to make the twine pink.  I cut out the sentiment , glued it to a piece of black card stock, and then cut around the sentiment, leaving a black frame.  I used foam strips to pop it up and adhered it to the die cut piece. I sprayed the piece with glitter spray and glued the entire piece to the white card base.


***The card stock I use to print my downloads on is 80lb Neenah Solar White.  Any layering weight card stock would work.***

The links to these products will be listed below.

To celebrate this new release, Joy Clair is giving away a $25 gift card valid for stamps only at Joy Clair Designs Store. We are offering our new release with a 20% OFF until April 5th. You don’t need to use a code. The prices are automatically reduced. In order to be entered to win, all you need to do is hop along with us and comment on each blog. Hoppers must comment on all stops along the way. Comments are due by 04/5/2020 at 11:59 PM EST. Winner will be announced on the Joy Clair Designs Blog on April 8th, 2020.  







Here is the list of names for the hop.












  • My Heart Clear Stamp Set    
  • My Heart Digital Stamp Set  
  • Thank you all for taking the time to stop on my blog.  If you have any questions about any of the projects, please leave a comment or email me at lindahpd.aol.com. I hope you all have a crafty day and STAY SAFE-STAY WELL during these challenging times.


    HAPPY CREATING!

    linda


    9 comments:

    creative lady said...

    Linda love all your cards! I love the foiling in the “Go There” card! Thanks for the inspiration.

    Mary Holshouser said...

    Love the bubbles with Ellsie.
    The purple with the thread card
    is very pretty. Great projects.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    Karthikha said...

    Wonderful set of creations! Thank you for the inspirations :)

    Martha Lucia Gomez said...

    Linda, thank you so much for your amazing inspiration and for share with us your techniques. I love your cards!

    LeeAnn McKinney said...

    Such cute projects, but I have always loved your work, no question that these would be cute.

    Becca Yahrling said...

    Awesome projects! Love the cow card. Her necklace is divine!

    Avra Williams said...

    Great projects! Congratulations on your design team assignment!

    sharon g said...

    Oh, fancy cow. This is so cute!

    Sue D said...

    Fabulous projects. I like the foiling on the cow card.