Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Joy Clair Stamps New Release: Succulent Frame


Hello Everyone,

Welcome to Day 2 of the Joy Clair Stamps new release.  Today I will be featuring two projects showcasing the Succulent Frame set.  


My first project is using the Succulent Frame Digital Download.   I enlarged the download on my computer until it was a little bigger than an A2 card (4 1/4" x 5 1/2").  I printed it with my laser printer onto a piece of 80lb white card stock.  I cut out all the images on the download with my Scan-n-Cut cutting machine and colored all the images with Copic markers.  You could use any coloring medium you have in your stash. I am using a white card stock base cut to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4" on the 8 1/2" side and folded into an A2 card base.  I die cut a piece of card stock from my background stash that I had used ink smooshing on with several colors of blue inks.  I also cut a piece of vellum to cover the die cut piece which measures 4 1/4" by 5 1/2".  I decided to use the vellum to tone down the background.  I glued the vellum to the blue piece and then popped out the cut out succulent frame to the card.  I arranged the other flowers and leaves around the frame.  I fancy cut out the "Hello" sentiment and popped it up in the middle of the frame.  I used silver stickers to add extra dimension to the frame.  I sprayed the entire piece with glitter spray and adhered it to the card base.  I cut pieces off the top and bottom of the frame to make it fit into an A2 envelope.
  


My next project using this download is a place card holder.  I printed the download twice on white 80lb card stock and cut out the succulent frame.  I colored the frame with Copic markers similar to my first card.  I cut pieces of colored card stock to 3 3/4" by 5 1/2", scored at 2 1/2" on the 5 1/2"  side and folded to make a place card holder that stands.  I die cut a piece of the same card  stock with a stitched die that was almost the same size as the place card holder.  I glued that to the card holder and then glued the colored frame to the card holder.  I used Nuvo Dream Drops Gold Lux to add a little sparkle.  You could use these on a buffet and write what the dish is on the card holder or write your guests names on them at your dinner table.  They could even be used as name tags without putting them on the card base.

***The card stock I use to print my downloads on is 80lb Neenah Solar White.  Any layering weight card stock would work.***

The links to these products will be listed below.




To celebrate this new release, Joy Clair is giving away a $25 gift card valid for stamps only at Joy Clair Designs Store. We are offering our new release with a 20% OFF until April 5th. You don’t need to use a code. The prices are automatically reduced. In order to be entered to win, all you need to do is hop along with us and comment on each blog. Hoppers must comment on all stops along the way. Comments are due by 04/5/2020 at 11:59 PM EST. Winner will be announced on the Joy Clair Designs Blog on April 8th, 2020.  





Here is the list of names for the hop:










Thank you all for taking the time to stop on my blog.  If you have any questions about any of the projects, please leave a comment or email me at lindahpd@aol.com. I hope you all have a crafty day and STAY SAFE-STAY WELL during these challenging times.


HAPPY CREATING!!!

linda










7 comments:

Avra Williams said...

Really pretty!

Mary Holshouser said...

Beautiful. Love that blue
background. The additions of
more flowers around the die
is great. Thanks for sharing
txmlhl:(at)yahoo(dot)com

abhoneyab said...

Great cards! Thanks for the inspiration!

Becca Yahrling said...

Gorgeous projects and colored so beautifully.
I really love the place card holder idea; perfect!

Karthikha said...

The frame set is awesome and so are your cards! :)

sharon g said...

Your sky blue background looks very pretty with the flowers. Very delicate.

Sue D said...

Pretty colors on the card and great idea to make place cards.