Monday, November 11, 2013

Christmas Cards Day 4

Hi everyone,
Happy Monday!!!  It is getting ready to snow outside and Christmas is only 6 weeks away from Wednesday!  I am posting two new cards made with a technique called starburst.  I learned a quick and easy way to do this through the www.schoolofscrap.com website.  Check it out and become a member.  I used scraps left over from my crop a week ago.
I like to use some different colors for Christmas.  I love the red and grey.

Instead of a round sentiment circle I used a Christmas bulb sticker and let the ribbon be the sentiment.
 
 
 
I promised I would post some pictures of my scrapbook from my cruise.  This idea is really great for vacations.  I taught it to a large group of women on the cruise.  What I did was get seven (it was a 7 day cruise) 9" by 12" envelopes with a fastener.  I made holes in the bottom corner, inserted a grommet for extra strength, and put it all on a binder ring.  This works out really great because you take this on your vacation and label the bottom of the envelope with each day.  You can store any pictures, receipts, maps, or anything you collect in the envelope.  You can even journal on the envelope since you will be covering it later.  It keeps everything in one place and is easy to travel with.  





 It was just the right size to use a 8" by 10" picture from the cruise.  If you have any questions about the "scrapbook", please leave a comment or email me at lindahpd@aol.com.  I hope everyone has a great week.  I will post another card on Wednesday.  Thanks for looking at my blog.

linda



No comments: