Thursday, November 28, 2013

Glitter! Christmas Cards Day 9

Hi everyone,
I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving.  I am thankful for all of you.  The cards I have today are made with glitter.  It looks nice, but you certainly get glitter everywhere even when you are careful!

For this card I tried a new technique(new for me anyway) using a used dryer sheet and white glue.  I spread a thin layer of white glue on the dryer sheet and them glued it to the cardstock.  I made sure if was very flat and no wrinkles.  I then sprinkled the card with fine glitter.  I stamped my sentiment on the dryer sheet and added embellishments cut from the Cricut machine.  I love the way it turned out!

For this card I just placed the image on the card , stamped the sentiment(I used Staz-on Ink) and then applied a thin coat of glue.  Before the glue was dried, I sprinkled the card with fine glitter.  In some of the videos I saw using both of these techniques they used spray adhesive, but the white glue worked great.
 
 
This is my completed door sign all ready to go.  I used foam board so it would be light and easy to hang.  I painted the letters then added flaked glitter while it was wet.  I added snowflakes with Stickles and hung it with a wired ribbon.  I added jingle bells to the ribbon.
 
I hope you enjoyed these projects.  I will be starting my December book on Sunday so I will be posting some of those pages.  I hope everyone has a great weekend and you aren't too tired from shopping.  Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog!
 
linda

No comments: