Monday, July 27, 2020

Christmas in July with Joy Clair




Welcome Everyone,

Today is the wrap up of Christmas in July with Joy Clair. I hope you have had time to check out the great products and great prices available.  I created two similar cards for today. I think it is fun to try and think of many ways to use one or two stamp sets.  Both cards are made with the Rustic Christmas and Rustic Sentiment Stamp Sets, which can be purchased in a bundle for a great price or they can be purchased separately.


Rustic Bundle



 Here is the first card I made.








To make this card, I cut a piece of white card stock  to 4 1/4 inches x 5 1/2 inches.  I used the pine bough with the pine cone and one of the separate pine cones to make my background  I stamped the bough in green ink and the separate pine cone with brown ink.  I die cut this panel with the largest of the Pleated Lace Rectangle Dies. On a scrap piece of white card stock I stamped the holly and pine bough, I also stamped it again on masking paper to make a mask for it.  I then masked the bough out and stamped the rustic frame over it so looked like the bough was on top of the frame.  I stamped the sentiment in the middle of the frame.  I colored the bough and frame with Copic markers and fussy cut it out. I popped it up with foam tape and place it in the center of the background panel.  I glued the panel to a piece of red card stock slightly smaller than an A2 card base.  I place this onto a white A2 card base.  I added red NUVO drops to the background and Glossy Accents to the berries on the holly.  I always wait until the card is on the card base and then add the embellishments.  If not, you take a chance of smearing them (which I have done before). 

The second card.




This card was made the same way as the first card, except I used kraft card stock and when I made the background, I used black ink on the pine boughs and did not use the separate pine cone.  **A helpful tip is to save your mask, and you can use it several times before you have to make another one.  I usually stick it to the back of the stamp set. 

The products available at Joy Clair for these cards have been linked in the card descriptions.  If you want to check out other cards visit the Joy Clair Blog.  Everything in the store is 20% off except last call, stencils and dies until July 28, use TEAMTINY20 at checkout.  

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog.  Please make sure you follow Joy Clair's Facebook PageColor by Faith Bible Journaling Facebook Page, Instagram, and Twitter.  Joy Clair also has a YouTube Channel and Pinterest Page. You can find great inspiration on any of these sites.

I hope you have time to check out this great deal and all the other crafty goodness at Joy Clair.  If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below or email me at lindahpd@aol  Stay safe and stay well!


Merry Christmas in July!!!




Happy Creating, 

Linda