Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Joy Clair New Release Day 2



Hello everyone and welcome to Day 2 of the Joy Clair New Release.  Today I am showcasing cards made with the Spring Floral Basket Digital Stamp Set and the Bumble Bear Digital Stamp Set.

My first cards are from the Spring Floral Basket Digital Stamp Set.







For the first card, I colored the flowers with Copic markers and fussy cut them. I die cut a piece of white card stock with a background cover plate die and glued it to a blue A2 card base.  I then die cut an oval out of white card stock, ink blended it with blue ink and glued it to the center of the card.  I die cut an oval frame out of the same blue card stock I used for the card base and placed it around the ink blended oval. I glued the flowers around the oval and the sentiment in the middle after framing it in blue card stock.  I added Nuvo drops for detail.  



  

This second card I colored the basket and flowers and fussy cut them.  I die cut a piece  of white card stock and water colored a blue rectangle inside and splattered it with water.  I popped up the basket with foam tape and glued the sentiment above it.  I adhered the die cut piece to a blue A2 card base.



My next two cards showcase the Bumble Bear Digital Stamp Set.



  
For this card I stenciled a honeycomb background to a white piece of card stock with yellow ink.  I colored and fussy cut the images from the digital stamp set.  I used an oval die and cut the stenciled background. I glued the floral image to a white A2 card base and lined around it with foam tape to make a shaker card.  I added a piece of acetate to the stenciled background.  I placed some seed beads and metal bumble bees inside the shaker area and adhered the stenciled background onto the card base.  I glued the flowers around the oval area and added the bumble bees and sentiment.  I used some sequins for sparkle. A fun shaker card.





For the second Bumble Bear card, I ink blended a white piece of card stock and die cut it with a cover plate die.  I colored and cut out the images.  I used the left over oval from the first card and popped it up with foam tape.  I glued the bear image to the card.  I added a black sticker strip under the feet to ground the bear.  Sequins were added for sparkle. 


 ***For all my digital downloads I use an 80lb white card stock and print them on a laser printer.  If you don't have a laser printer you can take them to an office store to be printed.  Make sure you bring your own paper.  An ink jet printer is fine, but the laser makes it so much easier to use your alcohol markers with.  




Links for the digital stamp sets and for the blog hop are listed below.  There are two great prizes up for grabs in this blog hop.


PRIZES:


I have a great surprise for you. To celebrate this new release, Den Nichols, owner of Simply Charming Everyday, a fabulous place dedicated to creating beautiful and functional products for crafters and  our supplies, is giving us a
Walking on Sunshine Junkie Bunkie and Accessory ZIP Bag to be combined with our regular prizes.







This hop will have two winners, one will receive the above fabulous set from Simply Charming Everyday  plus, a surprise package from Joy Clair Designs. The second winner, will receive a gift card of $20 dollars valid for stamps only at Joy Clair Designs Store.

To be entered to win, all you need to do is hop along with us and comment on each blog. In other words, leave an original and creative comment and not simply "I liked, beautiful card, etc". Therefore, hoppers must comment on all stops along the way both days.
Comments are due by 05/6/2020 at 11:59 PM EST. Winner will be announced on the Joy Clair Designs Blog on 05/13/2020.  Best of luck to you all and remember, you need to leave original and creative comments!
If you didn’t hop yet, you are going to want to.  I promise it will be worth it! I hope you enjoyed it and are walking away loving the projects and feeling inspired by both Day 1 and Day 2.  Here is the full hop line up just in case:


Linda Gorman- you are here







I really appreciate you stopping by my blog.  I hope you love these new products as much as I do!
Stay safe.  Stay well.



Happy Creating!

linda






12 comments:

Renee Moran said...

I love your soft colors

Joan K said...

The blue flowers on your first card remind me of Morning Glories which I love. Brings back fond memories from growing up. Your bumble bee cards are adorable. They are so chubby and happy around those flowers! Really cute cards!

LeeAnn McKinney said...

Your cards are so cheerful. Really nice cards today.

Karthikha said...

I was about to say the first two cards are my fav because of my fav color being blue and those floral cards are super beautiful! But as I scrolled down, the bears and bees are sooo adorable! I just love each one of your cards! <3

Becca Yahrling said...

Oh my, one is just as gorgeous or cute as the next! I can't even pick a favorite - love them all! Soooo pretty!

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome cards for the hop! Beautiful coloring of all of the images! Love the floral designs and the cute bees!

sharon g said...

The blue flowers are so unusual and cool. I have some REALLY blue flowers in my garden. I don't remember the name, but they are actually light blue--not purple but people call them blue. Great job.

Marie Bingaman said...

Wow, Linda, all 4 cards are great, but that first one is a show stopper! :)

mamawcindy said...

Oh my what wonderful cards. Those blue flowers on your first card are beautiful. I love the coloring on your super cute bumble bear card. Thanks for sharing!

Avra Williams said...

Lovely cards, Linda! I love your coloring and your color choices!

Sue D said...

Pretty florals and love the bee themed cards.

Mary Holshouser said...

Fantastic. Wonderful collection
of cards. Couldn't pick a fave.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com