Thursday, April 23, 2020

New Joy Clair Challenge-Mothers Day








Hello everyone!


It's time for another Joy Clair Challenge on the Joy Clair Stamp Projects Facebook Page. An album for each challenge will be posted on the Joy Clair Clear Stamp Projects Facebook Page. Please upload your entries to this album.

The CHALLENGE today is MOTHERS DAY.   Create a card or project using a Joy Clair stamp or digital download showcasing anything celebrating Mothers. A winner will be randomly picked on May 6, 2020. The winner will be able to pick a free digital download of their choice. All entries must be uploaded to the Challenge Album by midnight EDT on May 6, 2020.

Here is an example of one of the cards I made.




To make this card I used the Digital Download My Heart.  I ink blended the background with several pink inks on a piece of white card stock, 4" x 51/4",  and  embossed it with a heart die.  It's hard to see the hearts in the picture but they are there I tied.  I colored and fussy cut the heart image with the same inks.  I popped it up on the background with foam tape. I used a piece of ribbon from my stash and glued it on the card.  I popped up the sentiment from the Mother's Day Love Stamp and put it over the bow.  I glued some small hearts on the card as an embellishment. I adhered this to an A2 size white card base.

  

My second example is another card.




To make this card, I started with a white piece of card stock and die cut it with a die from my stash.  I also die cut a scrap of green card stock and pink card stock to add to the white card stock.  I colored and fussy cut the pigs hugging from the Mother's Day Love Stamp Set.  I cut the piece of green card stock to look like a grassy background and matched it to the white die cut piece.  I cut a strip from the piece of pink card stock and matched it to the top of the white piece.  I popped up the image with foam tape and placed it on the grassy area.  I used an oval die cut and centered it around the image.  I glued small hearts inside the oval.  I fussy cut the sentiment, shadowed it with a piece of black card stock, and popped it up on the center top of the card.  I glued the entire piece to a black piece of card stock measuring 41/4" x 51/2".  This was then placed on a white A2 card base.  

***The card stock I use to print my downloads on is 80lb Neenah Solar White.  Any layering weight card stock would work.***

The links to these products will be listed below.












  • My Heart Clear Stamp Set    
  • My Heart Digital Stamp Set  











  • Have fun creating. I am looking forward to seeing everyone’s creations. Have fun and Happy Mothers Day!!!

    Stay safe.  Stay well.

    linda

    No comments: