Thursday, June 11, 2020

Going Rustic with Joy Clair Stamps






Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone has had a great week so far.  This week I decided to go rustic with two fun clear stamp sets from Joy Clair.  I used both stamp sets on one card. 

This week I decided to try an old technique which I had not used in a while.  It is making my own wood grain background from white card stock.  Here is the finished card.











To make this card I first made the background panel.  I started with a piece of white card stock cut to 4 1/4 inches by 5 1/2 inches.  I used my score board to make vertical lines of varying widths down the 4 1/4 inch side.  I turned the paper to the 5 1/2 inch side and scored each line varying the spaces to make it look like wood planks.  I used my ink pads and lightly rubbed down the panel with 3 different colors of ink.  Be sure to used a light touch and go from top to bottom in one swipe.  This can be done in any colors you like.  I wanted a more realistic wood finish but this technique looks great in any color.  You can always use a black ink pad too.  Once the ink had dried on my panel I die cut it with a rectangle die from my stash.  I used the frame stamp from the Rustic Christmas Sentiments Stamp Set, stamped it with black ink in the middle of the card, and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I colored the branches in with a brown marker.  I stamped the sentiment and pine bows from the Rustic Occasions Sentiments Stamp Set. I colored those in with markers.  I used a tiny gold heart from my stash and some gold sequins to embellish the card.  I mounted the panel on a black piece of card stock and adhered that to an A2 card base.  I posted a closer look at the wood grain below. 



Both of these great stamps sets can be found by the links below. They are both listed in the Last Call sets.  Grab them before they are gone!  They can be used for so many fun cards!!!










Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog.  Please make sure you follow Joy Clair's Facebook PageColor by Faith Bible Journaling Facebook Page, Instagram, and Twitter.  Joy Clair also has a YouTube Channel and Pinterest Page. You can find great inspiration on any of these sites.

If you have any questions leave them in the comments or my email lindahpd@aol.

Have a great day and Happy Creating!!!

Linda

No comments: